How a writer gets strapped into a door-less helicopter to fly over Philadelphia with the Oscar-winning cinematographer of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Vilmos Zsigmond, is a story I’ll be glad to share when we talk. But I preview it here to show I’ve had a pretty good career, with background that will benefit you as my client.
I’ve had a range of on-the-job training and experience that most writers can only dream about:
• I’ve co-authored a best-selling business book series.
• I’ve supervised a nine-figure multi-media marketing budget for a Fortune 500 financial services company.
• I’ve written and produced NBA TV commercials that featured Charles Barkley, Dr. J. and Michael Jordan.
• I’ve written and edited white papers and articles for one of the most successful tech companies in the world.
• I’ve composed jingles for McDonald’s, the 76ers, Hollywood Casino and Bridgestone Tires.
• I’ve been part of marketing strategy teams to explore new product concepts for Johnson and Johnson, Splenda, Lactaid, Dial and Bosch Power Tools.
So, how does one writer get to have so many varied and fascinating assignments?
Diverse business management and writing experience
Well, it helped that I’ve had varied and fascinating jobs and titles:
At J.G. Wentworth, the financial services company, I was responsible for lead generation. Media planning. Online marketing. TV production. Oversight of a nine-figure media budget. And managing an in-house marketing staff and a dozen vendors.
For the Philadelphia 76ers, I launched and ran the team’s in-house advertising department. That year I developed its first pre-season advertising campaign, an approach later adopted by other teams in the NBA. I supervised the brand and marketing strategies for every Sixers marketing campaign for 11 years.
Exceptional clients demand an exceptional copywriter
Add to those titles my roles as marketing communications firm president, and agency creative director and you have four very different jobs. But they all had one thing in common: the need for exceptional writing. Not just good. Not just great. Exceptional writing.
Look, Johnson and Johnson, McDonald’s, DuPont, George Washington Hospital and the NBA can hire any team of writers they want. They hired me, repeatedly. To write ad campaigns, web copy, articles, brand taglines and direct mail campaigns.
And now, I’m bringing that experience to you, whether you’re a senior executive at a large corporation. Or the owner of a small business launching a website. Or someone interested in hiring a ghostwriter.
My ability to write everything from radio commercials to a web copy to books has served my clients well. My words helped them make money — in many instances hundreds of thousands of dollars. (Yes, six-figure profits). As well as earn them long-term consumers. And I can do the same for you.
To see samples of my work, click here.
For a free website audit, click here.